Most people don’t realize how much extra suitcases can cost when they travel. Depending on the airline, you could be looking at an additional $50-$100 per bag. That’s a lot of money to spend on something that you may not even need!
If you’re planning on traveling with more than one suitcase, make sure to check with your airline first so that you know what their baggage fees are.
Cost of an Extra Suitcase on Popular Airlines
Popular airlines typically charge $25-$50 for an extra suitcase, depending on the size and weight. Some airlines may offer a discount if you prepay online, so it’s always worth checking their policies before you travel. If you’re traveling with family or friends, see if you can split the cost of an extra suitcase between yourselves to save money.
What if My Suitcase Is Overweight?
If your suitcase is overweight, you will have to pay an additional fee. The amount of the fee will depend on the airline that you are flying with. Some airlines charge by the pound, while others charge a flat rate for an overweight bag. Be sure to check with your airline before packing your bags to avoid any surprises at the airport.
Tips for Packing Light
Whether you’re packing for a weekend getaway or extended vacation, one of the worst things you can do is overpack. Not only does it make lugging your luggage around a total pain, but it can also end up costing you a lot of money in excess baggage fees. To avoid this, follow our tips for packing light and avoiding overweight bags:
- Make sure to weigh your bag before heading to the airport. This will help you gauge how much stuff you can actually bring without going over the limit.
- Pack versatile items that can be worn multiple ways. This way, you’ll have less need to pack extra clothes just in case.
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them. It takes up less space and helps prevent wrinkles.
- And lastly, try to stick to carry-on size luggage whenever possible. Not only will it save you from having to check a bag (and pay associated fees), but it’ll also make getting around so much easier!
What Can I Pack In My Carry-on?
When packing a carry-on bag, it is important to consider what items are essential and what can be left behind. The following is a list of suggested items to pack in a carry-on bag:
- A change of clothes: This is important in case your luggage is lost or delayed.
- Toiletries: Include items such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
- Medication: If you take any prescription medication, be sure to pack it in your carry-on bag.
- Entertainment: Pack items such as books, magazines, or a portable DVD player to keep yourself entertained during your travels.
- Important documents: Pack your passport, airline tickets, and any other important documents in your carry-on bag.
- Cash: It is always a good idea to have some cash on hand in case of an emergency.
By following these suggestions, you can be sure that you have everything you need in your carry-on bag and that you are prepared for any eventuality.
Packing for a Family Vacation
When packing for a family vacation, it is important to use as few suitcases as possible. This will save you money on baggage fees and make it easier to transport your belongings. Here are some tips for packing efficiently for a family vacation:
- Start by making a list of everything you will need for the trip. This will help you determine what can be left behind.
- Pack clothes that can be worn more than once. For example, pack jeans that can be worn with different tops.
- Roll clothes instead of folding them. This will save space in your suitcase.
- Pack a small bag within your suitcase for items that you will need during the trip, such as toiletries and a change of clothes.
- Wear your heaviest clothing items on the plane. This will save space in your suitcase and help you stay comfortable during the flight.
- Limit the number of shoes you pack. Choose versatile shoes that can be worn with different outfits.
- Pack an extra bag or two in case you make any purchases while on vacation. This will save you from having to lug around heavy bags during your trip.
By following these tips, you can pack efficiently for a family vacation and avoid having to check multiple suitcases. This will save you time and money, and make your trip more enjoyable.
If you are planning to bring more than one suitcase on your trip, be prepared to pay extra fees. While the cost of an additional suitcase may not break the bank, it can add up if you are bringing multiple bags. Be sure to check with your airline or travel agent for their baggage policies and fees before packing your bags!